Δευτέρα 24 Μαΐου 2010

Homo Pacificus

Alright, here we go. So, we live in a blue-green-brown little planet, called Earth. We’re about 7 billion humans from various national, ethnic, religious, political backgrounds. We are either male or female (there are some hermaphrodites too), heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or of some other sexual orientation. We are tall or short, fat or slim, we are rich or poor or somewhere in the middle, we are good swimmers or bad swimmers… Oh, I could go on forever!

My point is that Earth has 7 billion human inhabitants, who belong to probably another 7 billion different groups, categories and subcategories. One could argue that conflict in such a diverse world is inevitable. We see it in the animal world everyday! Big fish eat little fish, lions eat zebras, cats eat mice. There you go! Mm… Really??? Is it that simple?

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t believe humans are superior beings in any sense other than their brain. And civilization. And imagination. Anyway, I’m not saying humans are free of animal instincts. All I’m saying is that they can act beyond them. And conflict is NOT inevitable. At least not in my imaginary new world, among my imaginary new type of humans: homo pacificus. Care to join in?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου